[TYPO3-doc] NEW: Now there's a VERSIONSWITCHER button

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Fri May 3 10:52:36 CEST 2013

Hi Martin,

> As you can see we can extend this and build in more
> "intelligence". We'll extend this somehow for example once we
> start with languages like .../4.7/ru/...

OK. Actually I was talking about branch names from the point of view of
automating the rendering of all relevant branches rather than having the
current manual setup. We have the TSref which has branches like "6-0",
TCA references has branches like "6.0" and Core APIs which has branches
like "doc_core_api_4-7". So it's rather messy, because we didn't coordinate.

This has no direct impact on the version switcher, if all branches are
stored in properly named folders (i.e. "x.y"), but may complicate matter
when trying to render any branch. How much of a problem can that be?
Should we create new branches with consistent names? I guess this could
be a good idea anyway.