[TYPO3-doc] Re: Updating version in documentation

Elmar t3elmar at googlemail.com
Wed Mar 20 09:30:36 CET 2013

> When we have finally automated the whole rendering chain, we certainly
> hope to be able to achieve this. In the current setup, there's a conf.py
> file which contains the name of the manual and its version. For
> extensions, this information could be read from the ext_emconf.php file
> and the conf.py file generated on the fly.

This issue with the old and the new upload extension is, that you set the new
version directly in the upload form.

Setting the new version to ext_emconf.php and uploading is one step. You
don't have the chance to copy the version from ext_emconf.php to conf.php
in between.

One solution would be a hook from side of the upload tool directly before the upload.

The clean solution would be, to do a synchronization between ext_emconf.php
and conf.php on the server side before the rendering.

Regards

Elmar