[TYPO3-doc] Integrating "Disqus" on docs.typo3.org

Bastian Waidelich bastian at typo3.org
Fri Jun 21 12:42:28 CEST 2013

Xavier Perseguers wrote:

Hi Xavier,

> - Once disqus gets used, beware of heavy refactoring if chapters get
> removed or renamed, this will most probably make all comments disappear

True. But we should try to avoid moving documents too much in the first
place, once they're published in order to avoid broken URLs (at least
the old ones should still work or redirect to the new URLs).
Also, using the URL as identifier is just the default for diqus.

> - Whenever we have a translation of some docs, we could (as did that)
> use the same "chapter ID" for each translation of a given chapter, just
> to let people share ideas and comments regardless of the language.

Right, we could create a custom identifier based on values like chapter,
version etc (see [1]) - but this might make things quite complicated.

> There are a few other alternatives to Disqus, so perhaps it's worth
> comparing them but Disqus is definitely something highly usable.

Absolutely, Disqus was just one example as I don't know any other system
with the featureset. There has been a thread in this list already re
commenting systems [2]

[1]
http://help.disqus.com/customer/portal/articles/472098-javascript-configuration-variables#disqus_identifier

[2] http://forum.typo3.org/index.php/t/195559/