[TYPO3-doc] Integrating "Disqus" on docs.typo3.org

Bastian Waidelich bastian at typo3.org
Wed Jul 10 15:47:23 CEST 2013

François Suter wrote:

Hi François, thanks for your feedback

>> * We're storing user information on a foreign server (*Haaa-NSA-tschi*)
>
> Frankly I think this point is moot. What was revealed further since then
> is that pretty much every country is collecting all traffic data. So
> unless we want to setup our own commenting system with encrypted data
> transfer, it's rather hopeless.

True, it seems everything is tracked anyways by *someone*...

Anyways, I quickly reworked my example to an "opt-in" kind of way where
nothing is transmitted to disqus until you click "activate comments":
http://www.wwwision.de/disqus/

This should of course be styled and contain a link with some more
details. Also it would be easily possible to add a checkbox "remember"
that stores your choice in some cookie.

By using the API we could fetch the number of comments on a page and
display it next to the activation link without transmitting client
details. But that might be a bit over the top.

--
Bastian Waidelich
--

TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!