[TYPO3-doc] Integrating "Disqus" on docs.typo3.org

Soren Malling soren.malling at gmail.com
Wed Jul 10 14:07:36 CEST 2013

Hi,
Ben asked me about this implementation and my work on [1]

So I read the thread thorugh and will queston this thing about demand of SSO

> docs.typo3.org are static HTML basically. But it should be possible to
> detect the typo3.org cookie and only load the disqus script if a user is
> logged in. But adding opt-in would make the whole thing quite complex I
> guess..

What is the one good reason to require people to login to ask a question? If none TYPO3.org people are to be interested in our software, why are we blocking them from commenting/asking question about the docs?

What are we really trying to benefit with this comment embedding?

[1] http://forge.typo3.org/projects/extension-disqus