[TYPO3-doc] Encouraging people to contribute with Github

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Wed Jul 10 15:25:46 CEST 2013

Hi all,

> During the developer days, we sat together with Francois and I tested
> and documented how to contribute with Github while keeping the process
> with Gerrit.

Having discussed and tested this with Xavier, all I can say is that I am
positive about this. The process may be somewhat convoluted (for us,
maintainers) but it makes so much easier for people to contribute to the
documentation.

Of course how much more people will really contribute remains to be
seen, but I suspect we will not be swamped by pull requests.

I suppose one thing we could try is to enable this for only one manual
in the beginning and see what happens, but I fear this would be
confusing for users. I would rather replicate all official manuals. This
is quickly done and at worst nothing will happen.

If no one disagrees I'll check with Olly if we can/should set up those
mirrors under the TYPO3 organization account on Github.

Work: Cobweb Development Sarl - http://www.cobweb.ch

TYPO3: Help the project! - http://typo3.org/contribute/

Appreciate my work? Support me -
http://www.monpetitcoin.com/en/francois/support-me/