[TYPO3-doc] Encouraging people to contribute with Github

Jigal van Hemert jigal.van.hemert at typo3.org
Thu Feb 28 11:00:51 CET 2013

Hi,

On 28-2-2013 0:41, Philipp Gampe wrote:
> You can push a branch (or a range of changes) to any configured remote.
> You can see all remotes with
> $ git remote -v
> e.g.
> origin	git at github.com:pgampe/TYPO3-CMS-Catharsis.git (fetch)
> origin	git at github.com:pgampe/TYPO3-CMS-Catharsis.git (push)
> upstream	git://github.com/lolli42/TYPO3-CMS-Catharsis.git (fetch)
> upstream	git://github.com/lolli42/TYPO3-CMS-Catharsis.git (push)

You've lost me here. I do a commit and then push using TortoiseGit and
it takes care of all the remote stuff, etc.
Honestly, after much trouble I finally have a working configuration for
all core branches.
I think it will work too for the documentation branches, but I don't
feel like messing things up just to try GitHub. In the past I tried it
for a restyling test on something else then the typo3.org infrastructure
(probably also GitHub) and it didn't work at all.

There is generally not a lot of interest in contributing to anything. If
someone is interested in doing documentation there is a fair chance that
he/she will get the right help to set up things to contribute.
Moving to GitHub will not suddenly bring dozens of contributors.

To me it's clearly not worth the hassle, but that's only my opinion.

--
Jigal van Hemert
TYPO3 Core Team member

TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!