[TYPO3-doc] Put docs about ...'pageNotFound_handling'... where?

Philipp Gampe philipp.gampe at typo3.org
Wed Feb 13 12:45:20 CET 2013

Hi François Suter,

François Suter wrote:

> I wonder. I guess this was never written down in any manual because the
> Install Tool was considered sufficient. And that may well still be the
> case. OTOH if it made its way into a manual and became pages on
> docs.typo3.org, there could be comments on them (once we have such a
> feature).
>
> If we were to put it in some manual, I would propose Inside TYPO3, as it
> already had a chapter about TYPO3_CONF_VARS.

IMHO we should have more documentation about the install process and the
various Install Tool options. All those graphic settings are rather
confusing and the error handling is not simple either (OK, for me, but not
for an average integrator).

I would like to see a longer "Installation" manual that explains the various
parts of the setup, e.g. symlinks, the various files and settings.
It should also have a description of the different Install Tool modules.

That might of course be a chapter inside "Inside TYPO3 [CMS]"; that depends
a little on whether we want to have larger or many smaller manuals.

ATM, I think a chapter in "Inside TYPO3" will do.

Best regards
Documentation – linkvalidator
TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!