[TYPO3-doc] docs.typo3.org URLs

Robert Lemke robert at typo3.org
Tue Feb 12 21:07:28 CET 2013

Hi folks,

while celebrating that docs.typo3.org now runs Flow and Neos documentation, too, I completely missed taking a closer look at the URLs. If I remember it correctly, Karsten mentioned at some point that you discussed the spelling of chapters (mixed case) already, so I don't want to interfere with any decision you took on that (although I prefer lowercase).

But: the first level path is currently inconsistent. Currently the paths and labels are as follows:

http://docs.typo3.org/typo3cms/ (label: "CMS")
http://docs.typo3.org/flow/ (label: "Flow")
http://docs.typo3.org/neos/ (label: "Neos")

Please remember that the product name of TYPO3 CMS is not just "CMS" - the short version is "TYPO3". And SEO-wise it might be better to mention the full name for Flow as well. So either we should refactor to this:

http://docs.typo3.org/typo3cms/ (label: "TYPO3")
http://docs.typo3.org/typo3flow/ (label: "Flow")
http://docs.typo3.org/typo3neos/ (label: "Neos")

or to this:

http://docs.typo3.org/typo3/ (label: "TYPO3")
http://docs.typo3.org/flow/ (label: "Flow")
http://docs.typo3.org/neos/ (label: "Neos")

What do you think?

Cheers,
Robert

--

Robert Lemke
Lead Developer TYPO3 Neos and TYPO3 Flow

Blog: robertlemke.com/blog
Get involved: typo3.org – flow.typo3.org – neos.typo3.org