[TYPO3-doc] docs.typo3.org URLs

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Tue Feb 12 21:15:55 CET 2013

Hi Robert,

Thanks for your feedback, even if I must admit that it comes rather late.

> But: the first level path is currently inconsistent. Currently the
> paths and labels are as follows:
>
> http://docs.typo3.org/typo3cms/  (label: "CMS")
> http://docs.typo3.org/flow/  (label: "Flow")
> http://docs.typo3.org/neos/  (label: "Neos")
>
> Please remember that the product name of TYPO3 CMS is not just "CMS"
> - the short version is "TYPO3". And SEO-wise it might be better to
> mention the full name for Flow as well. So either we should refactor
> to this:

Of course we suffer from the inconsistencies of the rebranding process
itself, which had to cope with the fact that "TYPO3" was already a
product name. There was no avoiding some awkwardness.

There were different opinions at the time (and yours was missed TBH).
Personally I dislike repeating "typo3" because it's already in the
domain name, but many people didn't like using just "cms" for "TYPO3
CMS", which is a fair point.

I would really like to avoid reopening the debate again. Though nothing
is ever written in stone I have other things to do. If you prefer we can
use "typo3flow" and "typo3neos" for Flow and Neos respectively and maybe
add an Apache rewrite rule to respect the shorter form, since some URLs
have probably been already disseminated.