[TYPO3-doc] Comments for documentation: In our wiki? In our forum?

Michael Bakonyi m.bakonyi at civit.de
Thu Aug 15 11:44:49 CEST 2013

Hi @all,

> Maybe we could start with a minimal version, but even that would require quite some work.. But as there seems great interest I'll spend some more time investigating.

honestly I don't know what's the plan regarding the "Frontend-Editing" feature of the documentation, but wouldn't it make more sense in spending time (and money) regarding a functionality which allows logged in feusers (maybe with certain userrights) to edit the documentation on the fly rather then adding a comment functionality now?

As I said one or two years ago already when it was planned to use DocBook I think it would make sense to get the community more involved regarding documentation by making it editable more easily. This is what Drupal offers, for example:

https://drupal.org/documentation/understand

If I'm right currently you're developing the possibility to edit documentation via an extension, right? But is it also possible to edit the docs via frontend editing? Like this one:

http://docutils.sourceforge.net/rst.html#try-it-online

You see a lot of blogs and documentation for TYPO3 all over the web and I think we could engage people which are documenting within their blogs etc. to share their knowledge under docs.typo3.org by offering an easy way of editing.

But I think you know all that already and I guess adding this kind of functionality is even much effort than a comment-section ;) Anyway just a thought ...

Cheers,
Michael

--
civit