[TYPO3-doc] Comments for documentation: In our wiki? In our forum?

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Thu Aug 15 17:52:14 CEST 2013

Hi,

>> Maybe we could start with a minimal version, but even that would
>> require quite some work.. But as there seems great interest I'll
>> spend some more time investigating.

I would say it's worth it, as it would probably interest a lot of people.

> honestly I don't know what's the plan regarding the
> "Frontend-Editing" feature of the documentation, but wouldn't it make
> more sense in spending time (and money) regarding a functionality
> which allows logged in feusers (maybe with certain userrights) to
> edit the documentation on the fly rather then adding a comment
> functionality now?

It's not forgotten, but it's a lot of effort to set up. As you know we
have very little manpower so unless someone suddenly feels extremely
enthusiastic about the topic and wants to invest time in it, it's
probably not going to happen very soon.

However - as a first step - we are looking into replicating all
documentation repos on Github, which already makes it much easier to
contribute, as you can simply fork a repo and edit the files online.

Work: Cobweb Development Sarl - http://www.cobweb.ch

TYPO3: Help the project! - http://typo3.org/contribute/

Appreciate my work? Support me -
http://www.monpetitcoin.com/en/francois/support-me/