[TYPO3-doc] Multilingual documentation

Martin Bless m.bless at gmx.de
Fri Aug 9 11:41:03 CEST 2013

Hi Xavier and François,

>> I agree with all this, but I would prefer that we stick to fully
>> qualified locales (e.g. fr_FR, fr_CA, etc.) rather than 2-letter ISO
>> codes.

>That's fine and makes sense,

Yes, it does make sense. We should do that in any case where we
are dealing with localization internally (repo names and paths and
so on).

I'm not so sure about this when it comes to public urls. "/fr_FR/"
is rather ugly and technical compared to "/fr/". And I assume it
will really be a very rare case that we need locales in the url if
ever.

Can't we resort to a more pragmatic approach? Let's use "/fr/" for
manuals in french language. And additionally "/ca_FR/" if there's
a special canadian french version.

Martin

--
Certified TYPO3 Integrator | TYPO3 Documentation Team Member

http://mbless.de