[TYPO3-doc] Workshop T3DD

Philipp Gampe philipp.gampe at typo3.org
Tue Apr 2 17:56:46 CEST 2013

Hi,

I already send a mail to Thomas regarding that topic, but if course I would
like to find a strategy here in this list:

> I would really like to see a workshop for the documentation including
> (but not exclusive):
>
> * Updating Getting Started to 6.1
> * Update Editors Guide to 6.1 (not much)
> * Extend the Editors Guide with longer examples
> * Find concept to split content between editors guide and getting
> started guide (lots of overlapping currently), move content if needed
> * Update templating guide to 6.1
> * Extend the templating guide (multiple templating methods, more tricks,
> etc)
> * Update References to 6.1 if needed
> * Go over other documentation and update what is needed
> * ## Update documentation contributor docs and guides ##
>
> The idea is that new contributors can be attracted and experienced
> contributors can help with the setup and commit changed directly.
> The face-to-face working on the docs should help to define clear
> concepts and to unify the various louse ends of the TYPO3 documentation.
> Flow and Neos documentation is updates are welcome too.
>
> At the same time updates to the Introduction Package may be done (to
> create new samples for the documentation), but this depends on someone
> with access to the IP database.
> The primary focus should be doc content updates.
>
> A more technical part (but maybe as another workshop):
> * finish automatic rendering after merges
> * find and implement concept for translations
> * update styles and features for the HTML view
> * find and implement concept for automatic PDF download generation
> * define rules for extension documentation (files, folders, specific
> requirements)
> * investigate if we can set restrictions on the typoscript documentation
> (+ in extension docs) in a way that allows to autogenerate the XML for
> the t3editor
>
> What can be done on the technical side depends on the available persons
> during the T3DD.

What we need to figure out is:
* Who will be at T3DD
* Do you see a need for a workshop
* What topics should be covered (technical stuff, editorial topics,
gathering contributors, helping extension authors)
* What are the priorities for the topics
* And who would like to lead a workshop

Best regards
Documentation – linkvalidator
TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!