[TYPO3-doc] Cross-linking to a manual (not a specific label)

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Fri Sep 28 16:27:51 CEST 2012

Hi all,

I came up with a special cross-linking need today: in some cases, it
would be convenient to link to a manual in general, and not to any
specific section/label. Is that possible out of the box?

At least something like:

:ref:`$TCA <t3tca:>`

or

:ref:`$TCA <t3tca>`

does not work.

If we need a label, I would suggest adding a label at the "top" of each
manual, something like:

.. _home:

TYPO3 Core APIs

if that's allowed.

We then just need to decide on what to use for such a label ("home",
"top", "toc", "cover"), as I would want it to be the same in each
manual, so that we always know how to refer to the cover page of a manual.