[TYPO3-doc] Documentation servers

Steffen Gebert steffen.gebert at typo3.org
Sat Sep 29 13:23:30 CEST 2012

Hi Fabien,

okay, so fine for me to have one single server, at least in the beginning.

> About the communication btw the rendering and delivery server, there
was the idea of Steffen Gebert
> to use beanstalkd as a central place within our infrastructure. In
this regard, the rendering
> service would post a message (in the queue) that is going to trigger
the sync by the delivery
> service. Is this vision still valid?
>
> https://notes.typo3.org/p/beanstalkd

Yes, I'm still interested in having beanstalkd running. Christian
Trabold told me that the Logstash/Graylog2/Kibana server will bring us
an ActiveMQ, which could be used for everything else, too.

But still.. ActiveMQ looks really overloaded, while beanstalkd is really
a nice and easy solution.
(the only problem I see with beanstalkd is the lack of authentication,
but we can limit access to the IPs of our infrastructure)

Kind regards
Steffen

- --
Steffen Gebert
TYPO3 v4 Core Team Member
TYPO3 Server Administration Team Member

TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!
Get involved: http://typo3.org

I work for TYPO3 solely in my spare time. If you think that
my work helps you running your business, you are invited to
send me a donation via PayPal to this email address. Thanks