[TYPO3-doc] Adding a :file: text role?

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Fri Sep 28 10:46:35 CEST 2012

Hi all,

Yesterday evening we discussed with Martin about the opportunity to
clearly/semantically highlight file names and paths in the TYPO3 manuals.

We reached no conclusion yet, but this could easily achieved by simply
adding a text role inheriting from :code:, i.e.

.. role:: file(code)

Then using :file:`localconf.php` would produce:

<tt class="code file docutils literal">
</tt>

So we have a way of highlighting files specifically using CSS after
that. We're already using such directives [1].

What do you think?

BTW the <tt> tag is obsolete. Is it possible to change the way such code
inline literals are rendered?

[1]
http://git.typo3.org/Documentation/TYPO3/Example/OfficialManual.git?a=blob_plain;f=Documentation/Includes.txt;hb=HEAD