[TYPO3-doc] Not extending the Extension Manager

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Sun Sep 23 21:22:18 CEST 2012

Hi all,

I continued thinking about the idea of providing a "documentation"
extension for the 6.0 Extension Manager. After having toyed with the
latter a bit, I'm not sure this is such a good idea anymore. Indeed the
new EM goes in the direction of less features and more usability and it
might not be of help to add too much stuff to it.

So I think it might be better to make it a totally separate extension,
which would add itself as a module to the Help menu item in the TYPO3
BE. Of course it might still hook into the Core whenever appropriate,
but this gives us more freedom IMO.

What do you think?