[TYPO3-doc] Clean up/review after ReST migration

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Thu Sep 20 22:08:32 CEST 2012

Hi all,

I just merged the first patch for the Core APIs manual regarding the
cleanup needed after the migration to ReST:

https://review.typo3.org/#/c/14791/

I did more than a cleanup. I also started refreshing/rewriting parts of
the first chapter, because that manual is quite out of date. This part
of the work will not be needed for manuals that were kept up to date,
such as TSref and TSconfig. But it still shows that there's a lot of
work to bring the migrated manuals to a really satisfying state.

And it's really not perfect yet. I noticed in particular that we don't
have a consistent way of highlighting file paths and file names. Should
we handle them like code parts that are mentioned in the next, such as
class or method names?

As mentioned earlier, I have started drawing up a list of what needs to
be done for each manual:

http://wiki.typo3.org/DocTeam/Restructuring_migrated_manuals

You are very welcome to help, especially since there's now a reference
with the above-mentioned patch.