[TYPO3-doc] Cross-linking to a manual (not a specific label)

Martin Bless m.bless at gmx.de
Mon Oct 8 12:17:57 CEST 2012

[François Suter] wrote & schrieb:

>Hi Martin,
>
>> No, unfortunately not. Tell's me that it's not possible right out of the
>> box. We'll have to find a way of our own or a workaround like putting a
>> label "manual" on the first page of each manual.
>
>OK, too bad.

I repeated the question - no answer.

>So now we just need to define what we want to call this
>label that would be found on each manual's first page:
>
>- manual (as you just suggested)
>- toc (as it points - more or less - to the table of contents)
>- cover (as in "cover page")
>- home (by analogy with a web site's home page)
>
>Opinions?

start
beginning
documentation

'manual' makes some assumptions about the content of a
documentation project. 'toc' isn't good at all as there can be
many 'toctree' statements in a project. 'cover' doesn't really
make clear it's the beginning. 'home' - not bad irritating if
you're facing the project in ReST or PDF format.

I think I would choose 'start'.

Martin

--
Certified TYPO3 Integrator | TYPO3 Documentation Team Member

http://mbless.de