[TYPO3-doc] Cross-linking to a manual (not a specific label)

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Mon Oct 8 21:02:36 CEST 2012

Hi,

> I think I would choose 'start'.

"start" sounds good.

BTW while making a try this afternoon, I discovered what Sphinx does: it
adds an id attribute to the h1 tag containing the manual's title, with
the title itself, appropriately transformed. So, for the official manual
example, we have:

<h1>Official Template<a class="headerlink" href="#official-template"
title="Permalink to this headline">¶</a></h1>

However I feel that this is not as convenient, as it requires knowing
the name of the anchor. OTOH "start" will not appear as the permalink,
when placed above the main title, e.g like:

.. _toc:

Official Template

What should we do? Use "start"? Stick to the permalink provided by
Sphinx? Or have both?