[TYPO3-doc] http://typo3.org/the-brand/the-typo3-family/

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Sun Oct 7 20:45:09 CEST 2012

Hi Martin,

> http://typo3.org/the-brand/the-typo3-family/
>
> I must say that I'm really shocked and totally demotivated.

Please don't be, we need you :-)

Change is not easy, but is needed. Things evolve all the time. Sometimes
it flows in a direction we like and we're happy about the change (like
moving the documentation from OpenOffice to ReST ;-) ), and sometimes we
don't like it and it's harder to swallow.

> Why is the green of the logo gone? And note: Everything is "TYPO3
> something" now, but there is no "TYPO3" itself (I mean: *The* TYPO3
> original product) any more.
>
> Go to http://typo3.org : The product TYPO3, *the* TYPO3 that created the
> strong brand has no identity any more. What a disaster.

Please think of Apache. We always refer to the web server as "Apache",
but it's real name is "Apache HTTP Server Project". Apache has become a
brand to which many projects are attached.

Anyway this list is certainly not the right place to discuss the change.

> Did somebody else in the documentation team know that it was planned to
> both rename TYPO3 to TYPO3 CMS and change the logo?

I don't think anyone did. I was aware of an ongoing rebranding effort,
but I hadn't had any news since many months. I don't mind, I'm sure the
people involved were really serious about it and weighed the pros and
cons of every alternative. There would always have been people
displeased with any possible solution. I hope you will get used to and
come to appreciate the new scheme.