[TYPO3-doc] reporting dead links

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Mon Nov 12 17:59:48 CET 2012

Hi,

> I was tinkering with ReST (Sphinx) when I was writing some of my study
> notes and was planning to use it for my software project.

Oh, good :-)

> Indeed, I am just beginning with the TYPO3, so cannot help much with
> the 'content' yet...
>
>> How do you feel about this?
>
> Reasonable. ;)

I would suggest that you take a look at:

http://wiki.typo3.org/Contributing_to_the_documentation

which will lead you to more resources and could get you started being
ready to contribute to one or the other manual. When you feel at ease
with this environment, we can look again at what you could do. How does
that sound?

> When do you plan to finish with migration?

Is that a trick question? ;-)

Seriously, though, we have defined several milestones, one of which is
the upcoming release of TYPO3 CMS 6.0 on Nov 27. At that point we need
to have the documentation updated and available somewhere online, even
if not with final URLs. The next step is to have final URLs as quickly
as possible, but this requires settling down a number of issues first,
including renaming quite a few files which got computer-generated names
during the migration's first, automated step, and adding labels wherever
relevant so that we can provide the communnity with safe cross-linking
(using Intersphinx). Then other steps... ;-)

So it's hard to tell you when we will be finished, but if you follow
this list, you will see regular updates. We also have a team meeting
this Thursday (see separate thread), which you are welcome to join in,
even if just for listening.