[TYPO3-doc] Migration of doc_template completed (for extension developers)

Fabien Udriot fabien.udriot at ecodev.ch
Wed May 30 12:23:13 CEST 2012

> Yes. I totally agree. Wherever I can I make that extra source folder
> too. With one addition: lets move the conf.py one level up so its
> lying alongside the Makefile.

I have some concerns with the hierarchy bellow. Let me explain.

First of all, this is about *extension* documentation and not *official* documentation as a
preliminary note to dispel confusion.

Documenting is *not* the Core business of a developer which has other problematic to solve.
Furthermore we want to iron out the path as much as possible. Everybody will agree until now ;)
Based on that:

* I would keep the hierarchy as simple as possible by keeping everything at the same level (no
source folder). If you want to get more complex because of extended manual, Fine! But not in the
Extension Template which should stay as easy as possible.

* build folder should not be under a source control IMO. It should be another service on-line. If
the developer is off-line, then he / she can read the reST files that is meant for that after all.
Again this is an effort (not big but still) to keep the build up to date in the extension and I
already feel the mess by having developer not maintaining it properly.