[TYPO3-doc] Migration of doc_template completed (for extension developers)

Martin Bless m.bless at gmx.de
Wed May 30 09:23:44 CEST 2012

Xavier,

>Finally, I must say that I dislike having the compilation output mixed
>up with sources. This is OK for small manuals but suboptimal for larger
>documentation. I already started a bigger multilingual project and this
>structure is much more cleaner IMHO:

Yes. I totally agree. Wherever I can I make that extra source folder
too. With one addition: lets move the conf.py one level up so its
lying alongside the Makefile.

If you ask me our Git repositories should look like this:

Example.git
|-- ((room for payload, like extension code))
|-- Documentation
>   |-- Makefile
    |-- conf.py
>   |-- source
>   |   |-- Index.rst
    |   |-- ((conf.py -- not here!))
>   |   |-- whatever-directory-and-file-structure
>   |-- locale
>   |   |-- fr/LC_MESSAGES/*.mo (not stored in Git)
>   |   |-- de/LC_MESSAGES/*.mo (not stored in Git)
>   |   |-- source
>   |       |-- fr/*.po (coming from Pootle to have a local/Git
>   |           backup)
>   |       |-- de/*.po (coming from Pootle to have a local/Git
>   |           backup)
>   |-- build
>       |-- html
>       |-- ...
>       |-- locale/*.pot

sphinx-build has the -c option to specify where the folder with the
conf.py file. So I simply use the current dir in the Makefile:

  sphinx-build -c . ((...))

Martin

--
Certified TYPO3 Integrator | TYPO3 Documentation Team Member

http://mbless.de