[TYPO3-doc] Migration of doc_template completed (for extension developers)

Fabien Udriot fabien.udriot at ecodev.ch
Wed May 30 12:06:39 CEST 2012

Hi,

>> A few comments:
>>
>> - This documentation provides pseudo translation directories (Fr / De)
>>
>>     =>  forget about it, this is not the way to perform translation
>>     =>  should be removed from Git ASAP
>
> This was discussed earlier, but should indeed be done. Anyway from the discussions we had with the
> FLOW3 team, they are not planning to have the translations inside the packages either.

I have a different opinion. First of all, keep in mind that this template is for extension developer
and *not* official documentation which get translated on Pootle.

Extension developer won't get translated for the main part because English is just fine for writing
TypoScript Reference for instance.

However, the *User Manual* would make sense to have it translated. There is a Use Case behind. We
often got asked by clients to have a print / on-line documentation of TYPO3. We have internally set
up a document which is rather rigid and very partial. ReST opens new door since it is possible to
make import and there enable to compile (almost on the fly) docs specific to a client (read: which
included the right content). In this regard, having the User Manual of an extension in a native
language is something a company / organization can take advantage. Do you see my point?

If you see another way of answering the need, let me know.

Cheers,

Fabien