[TYPO3-doc] Migration of doc_template completed (for extension developers)

Xavier Perseguers xavier at typo3.org
Wed May 30 13:41:16 CEST 2012

Hi,

> * I would keep the hierarchy as simple as possible by keeping everything at the same level (no
> source folder). If you want to get more complex because of extended manual, Fine! But not in the
> Extension Template which should stay as easy as possible.

You did not see my whole point. I never said that build should be part
of the repository. Of course NOT :-)

But when you start having a slightly bigger documentation you have
multiple directories in the "source" directory and having a _build a
_template and whatever other directories that are not part of your real
sources and should not be stored in your repository, this becomes much
more complicated to keep a clear overview.

I don't agree that whenever one needs something more complex he should
do it but not before. To some extend yes, of course, but having a source
directory is not complicated at all! This can easily be a convention we
have just as we have lots of others. If in the end it allows the company
to extend its documentation from "simple needs" to more complex ones
without having to change the whole structure because the "template" was
not like that, I find it not a so big hassle to add a source directory.

Once more, it's just my opinion, I don't say that I should have the
final word, but just that I did not think solely of my own needs.

Xavier Perseguers
Release Manager TYPO3 4.6

TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!
Get involved: http://typo3.org