[TYPO3-doc] srv123 and preview server: files, urls, building

Martin Bless m.bless at gmx.de
Tue May 29 12:17:19 CEST 2012

Hi Xavier,

>I still found something suboptimal but maybe I'm wrong. IIRC you modify
>the default Sphinx parser to add support for the special tables you used
>as additional definition in reST. Is this possible to NOT modify the
>default parser but use modules are whatever in Sphinx that we could have
>in the Git repository instead?

yes, we are exactly going in that direction.

I'm using an unmodified Sphinx version for everything.

I'm using an unmodified Docutils version for the manuals we are
starting to hold in the Git repositories.

So this is exactly what you are asking for in the quote above.

It's a slightly different story with the about 17.000 manuals at
http://preview.docs.typo3.org/typo3/extensions/ For those I want to
continue using the field-list-table directive as the manuals are much
better readable that way. This should be no problem as the whole
process is in my hand.

Now you will probably find that it is a disadvantage that the reST
markup in a manual.rst is special and will not work everywhere.

I'd like to overcome that problem soon by creating a second reST file
of every manual that uses standard markup like that of the manuals in
the Git repositories.

Does this clarify something?

Martin

--
Certified TYPO3 Integrator | TYPO3 Documentation Team Member

http://mbless.de