[TYPO3-doc] Official documentation on the way to Git

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Thu May 17 21:15:32 CEST 2012

Hi all,

You may be surprised if you check out the current SVN repository for the
official documentation: everything has been deleted. Instead a README
file informs you about which revision to request to get the files that
existed before.

This situation is normal and is part of the first step of moving the
official documentation to Git. However since we are also migration to
reStructured Text at the same time, we felt that it was rather useless
to migrate the existing content of the SVN repository.

There's now one Git repository per manual. You can see them by going to
http://git.typo3.org/. They are all named according to the conventions
we discussed earlier in this list. They are easy to spot, they are all
along the lines of:

Documentation/TYPO3/foo/bar.git

They are all empty for now. They will be filled with the content of the
OO files migrated to reST. The process still needs a little bit of
tweaking, but the final migration should happen very soon.