[TYPO3-doc] Official docs as ReST: Ready to push!

Martin Bless m.bless at gmx.de
Tue May 22 16:32:46 CEST 2012

"Well, here we are again, old lovely " (TM Dinner for One)

I made a major effort and think I have the ReST version of the
official Docs ready to push them to their respective Git repository.

François, will you care for that?

Go to http://preview.docs.typo3.org/typo3/ to see what we have got.

There we have at the moment:

  administrators-guide/
  coding-guidelines-reference/
  core-api-reference/
  frontend-localization-guide/
  getting-started-tutorial/
  indexed-search-reference/
  inside-typo3-reference/
  installation-guide/
  security-guide/
  skinning-reference/
  tca-reference/
  templating-tutorial/
  tsconfig-reference/
  typo3-services-reference/
  typoscript-in-45-minutes-tutorial/
  typoscript-reference/
  typoscript-syntax-reference/
  under-discussion/

The sources for the documentation can be seen around:
http://srv123.typo3.org/~mbless/git.typo3.org/Documentation/TYPO3/Reference/

Serverside:
Each actual source folder has the same name as in the list above. It
is the content of that folder that should be pushed to Git. In other
words, I would like to be able to do this:

basefolder=/home/mbless/HTDOCS/git.typo3.org/Documentation/TYPO3/Reference/Tca.git
giturl=git://git.typo3.org/Documentation/TYPO3/Reference/Tca.git
destdir=tca-reference

cd $basefolder
git clone $giturl $destdir

There needs to be a .gitignore rule that excludes the subfolder
$destdir/_genesis. In that folder you find all the initial and
temporary stuff that was used to create the first ReST version.

And for those interested in how its done: All the scripts are here:
http://srv123.typo3.org/~mbless/render-official-docs-firsttime/

They are working very well. I touch only three files and did some tiny
manual corrections to eleminate all warnings.

Your turn!

Martin

--
Certified TYPO3 Integrator | TYPO3 Documentation Team Member

http://mbless.de