[TYPO3-doc] "Inside TYPO3"

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Sun Mar 11 19:36:54 CET 2012

Hi Roland,

> i just started to read "inside TYPO3" at http://bit.ly/8CYD1z - and wonder
> if there is a more uptodate resource covering the same topic? online or
> offline. german or english. or is it still current enough? i am thinking
> about e.g. the caching framework, the workspace and localization, where
> there has been a lot of changes since 2008 if i am right. maybe there is a
> reworked "inside TYPO3" planned for the T3O relaunch?

Indeed this manual has not been updated for many, many years. We are
short of manpower to keep all available manuals up to date. I would say
that all the basics in "Inside TYPO3" are still valid. For localization,
there's actually a separate guide [1] on top of "Inside TYPO3".
Information about workspaces is mostly in "Inside TYPO3". There's some
information in the "TCA reference" [2] about how to set up your tables
for proper versioning, and the "workspaces" system extension has its own
manual (shipped the source code). As for the caching framework it is
currently available only in the wiki [3]. It is meant to be integrated
into "Core APIs" at some point.

I hope this helps a bit.

[1]
http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/core-documentation/doc_l10nguide/1.1.0/view/