[TYPO3-doc] Meta data in conf.py

Philipp Gampe philipp.gampe at typo3.org
Mon Jun 4 18:36:04 CEST 2012

Hi Fabien,

>> Because /with/ the config.yml file this would be the actual starting
>> point of the whole documentation project, as it may for example define
>> that the "master_doc" is 'index' and not 'Index'.
>
> Would this config.yml contains basically all data from conf.py but in
> configuration format over a programming format?
>
> Are you planning to move all metadata from the reST files into the
> config.yml as well? I put in [1] all the metadata I have in the Extension
> Manual that would go into config.yml according to you?
>
> Ideally, we should try to get data where they are and avoid replication if
> possible. For instance, "version number" and "extension name" could be
> fetched from ext_emconf.php for a TYPO3 extension. Achieving, this would
> simplify the maintenance.

+1

I think it is not hard to print to metadata on top of the Index.rst before
running the rendering.

It could even create a Temp.Index.rst and delete it after rendering, thus
having some kind of pre- and postprocessing.

Just because I saw it somewhere, please do not do anything specific to TYPO3
v4, thus no em_conf.php etc.
If needed, we can adopt the EM if we really want to "install" documentation
packages, but it might be easier to just write a small module that can fetch
documentation.

Documentation – linkvalidator
TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!