[TYPO3-doc] Meta data in conf.py

Fabien Udriot fabien.udriot at ecodev.ch
Mon Jun 4 14:40:38 CEST 2012

> The main problem probably is that bibliographic data inside the
> document may be different from the (more restricted?!) one used for a
> special output format.

With term "bibliographic data", I took is as metadata, isn't it?

> (...)
>
> The more I think about it I like the idea with the Yaml file. Like
>
> Package/
> |-- Documentation/
>     |-- Index.rst
>     |-- config.yml
>
> I had mainly the official docs on my mind up to now. But, François, if
> you feel like let's start with the "one and only right structure"
> right away everywhere, then its better to decide now.
>
> Because /with/ the config.yml file this would be the actual starting
> point of the whole documentation project, as it may for example define
> that the "master_doc" is 'index' and not 'Index'.

Would this config.yml contains basically all data from conf.py but in configuration format over a
programming format?

Are you planning to move all metadata from the reST files into the config.yml as well? I put in [1]
all the metadata I have in the Extension Manual that would go into config.yml according to you?

Ideally, we should try to get data where they are and avoid replication if possible. For instance,
"version number" and "extension name" could be fetched from ext_emconf.php for a TYPO3 extension.
Achieving, this would simplify the maintenance.

Cheers,

Fabien

[1]

:Extension name: |extension_name|