[TYPO3-doc] Meta data in conf.py

Martin Bless m.bless at gmx.de
Mon Jun 4 19:51:59 CEST 2012

Hi Fabien,

>With term "bibliographic data", I took is as metadata, isn't it?

Yes, metadata.

>Would this config.yml contains basically all data from conf.py but in configuration format over a
>programming format?

Basically I thought of an empty config.yml as a start where you would
only put what isn't given implicitly or elsewhere.

>Are you planning to move all metadata from the reST files into the config.yml as well? I put in [1]
>all the metadata I have in the Extension Manual that would go into config.yml according to you?

No, not at all. It belongs to where you placed it. But it may be
written differently according to the ReST markup rules. For example
using multiple lines:

:Author:
      Kasper Skårhøj

      & friends

>Ideally, we should try to get data where they are and avoid replication if possible. For instance,
>"version number" and "extension name" could be fetched from ext_emconf.php for a TYPO3 extension.
>Achieving, this would simplify the maintenance.

Yes.

I was mainly busy with getting started with the official docs and
would have done so without defining the one and only structure. But it
may be better to do so now. There will definitely be the need for a
place to write configurational stuff. And if we are looking for "one
solution to fit them all" Yaml seems fine to me.

As I said: just my two cents!

Martin

--
Certified TYPO3 Integrator | TYPO3 Documentation Team Member

http://mbless.de