[TYPO3-doc] reST DocTemplate for Extension Developer - first draft

Martin Bless m.bless at gmx.de
Thu Apr 26 19:34:53 CEST 2012

Hi Jigal,

>Reformatting text in paragraphs is not very nice for VCS. If an entire
>paragraph of 10 lines is reformatted because a single word was changed,
>it is very hard to read the changes.

I tried to express: You don't have to reformat everything. Just insert
the word where it belongs.

>"Everybody" uses PhpStorm these days. PyCharm (the Python sibling of
>PhpStorm,

I know ;-)

>also by JetBrains) has .rst syntax highlighting support. It
>would be very easy to copy this to PhpStorm I would think. Is it worth
>filing a feature request for?

Why not? It's not essential but I must say its convenient and looks
nice.

>The JetBrains editors have plenty of options to tweak indentation,
>whitespace, line breaks, etc.

Yes, indeed.

But Editra.org is still an editor worthwhile to look at. Opensource,
capable, multiplatform and free of costs.

Keep on rocking!

Martin

--
Certified TYPO3 Integrator | TYPO3 Documentation Team Member

http://mbless.de