[TYPO3-doc] reST DocTemplate for Extension Developer - first draft

Fabien Udriot fabien.udriot at ecodev.ch
Fri Apr 27 11:26:00 CEST 2012

Hi,

About the best ever reST editor.

>> The JetBrains editors have plenty of options to tweak indentation,
>> whitespace, line breaks, etc.
>
> Yes, indeed.
>
> But Editra.org is still an editor worthwhile to look at. Opensource,
> capable, multiplatform and free of costs.

I have started to draw up a list of editors in doc_template that we can recommend for writing
extension documentation.

https://github.com/fudriot/doc_template/blob/master/Documentation/RestructuredtextHelp.rst#rest-editor

If there already exists resource [1] on the web, I would like to come up with a list of editors that
are well tested, stable and really helpful. In other words, it should bring something in term of
reST support such as syntax highlighting, live converting HTML or be integrated in the main PHP IDE.

Are there any experience with reST Netbeans plugins? ReST PHPStorm plugins?

Shall I mention this Editra.org? Does it bring something for writing reST?

Cheers,

Fabien

[1] http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2746692/restructuredtext-tool-support