[TYPO3-doc] reST DocTemplate for Extension Developer - first draft

Jigal van Hemert jigal.van.hemert at typo3.org
Thu Apr 26 15:41:48 CEST 2012

Hi,

On 26-4-2012 13:46, Martin Bless wrote:
> Actually you don't have to do re re-adjustment yourself. Its perfectly
> ok to split a line, insert a word on on extra line and leave it that
> way.

Reformatting text in paragraphs is not very nice for VCS. If an entire
paragraph of 10 lines is reformatted because a single word was changed,
it is very hard to read the changes.

>> please provide an editor / way where paragraph could
>> be easily re-formated.

"Everybody" uses PhpStorm these days. PyCharm (the Python sibling of
PhpStorm, also by JetBrains) has .rst syntax highlighting support. It
would be very easy to copy this to PhpStorm I would think. Is it worth
filing a feature request for?

The JetBrains editors have plenty of options to tweak indentation,
whitespace, line breaks, etc.

--
Jigal van Hemert
TYPO3 Core Team member