[TYPO3-doc] preview.docs.typo3.org/typo3/extensions/ - just in time for 4.7!

Martin Bless m.bless at gmx.de
Tue Apr 24 23:54:56 CEST 2012

[François Suter] wrote & schrieb:

>I must admit that I don't fully understand what I'm looking at.

Sorry, I probably didn't explain enough. Wanted to be ready for the
4.7 release ...

I wanted to tie these things together:
- make up a build chain now ON the server
- work on what we want to offer as service to extension authors:
  convert OO documents to a single reST file
- try that process with the system extensions

Please see:

http://preview.docs.typo3.org/typo3/extensions/felogin-revealed/nightly/

(1) manual.sxw is fetched by wget
(2) manual.html and the images is the OpenOffice output
(3) 1-cleaned is a copy of (2) where the <SDFIELD...> tags are
removed. Otherwise tidy won't work.
(4) 2-from-tidy.html is xhtml code made by tidy from (3).
(5) manual.rst is made by our ooxhtml2rst-parser from (4)
(6) index(*).html is mady by rst2html.

No Sphinx involved. Just plain reST markup converted by Docutils.
That's why it looks different. I thought it's a good thing to start
with.

What's probably confusing: Once I was going I thought: Why not follow
this scheme of publishing extensions and do the same with the
officical documents? Would be useful for now. Although we will for
example move them from
/typo3/extensions/doc_core_tsref/
/typo3/typoscript-reference/
soon. And then they should get their Sphinx appearance back.

But since my reST splitter wasn't ready for that so that we have those
URLs without numbers I thought its better to show the tsref AT ALL the
way its done now than to not show it here at all.

This was the only case where the index.html wasn't built:
>> http://preview.docs.typo3.org/typo3/extensions/doc_core_inside/nightly/

The different logfiles can help us to find out why. In this case the
answer is given in rst2html-warnings.txt. Everything else worked.

Hope some clarity is left ...

Martin

--
Certified TYPO3 Integrator | TYPO3 Documentation Team Member

http://mbless.de