[TYPO3-doc] preview.docs.typo3.org/typo3/extensions/ - just in time for 4.7!

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Tue Apr 24 21:41:37 CEST 2012

Hi Martin,

I must admit that I don't fully understand what I'm looking at. As far
as I understand this shows manuals as they are after being exported from
OpenOffice to HTML and cleaned up. Is that right?

Then the HTML is transformed to reST, but there's no further rendering
of reST to HTML. Right? Or totally wrong?

> The styling is all done in one single CSS file. All pages are linking
> to that. If you know how to improve that CSS file: Answer here for the
> moment. The Share font didn't work so I commented that part out.

Again I'm not sure I understand. Why is the styling suddenly so
different from what you used before? Because we're using the HTML from
OpenOffice?

> "Thankfully" the doc_core_inside manual represents a case where the
> automatic conversion process doesn't succeed. I'm saying "thankfully"
> because in this case the link to "nightly/" gives you insight into
> what files are being involved. The reason for not succeeding is that
> the reST file contains headlines that are list items at the same time.
> This is not allowed in reST and should be edited to something that
> makes sense. See:
> http://preview.docs.typo3.org/typo3/extensions/doc_core_inside/nightly/

I didn't get that. Could you point to a specific example of what's wrong?

I'm sure once it all makes sense, it will sound great :-)