[TYPO3-doc] Phoenix documentation

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Sat Apr 14 22:19:44 CEST 2012

Hi Lars,

> I’d like to help put some documentation for Phoenix together. Robert
> told me that the best way to get it started would be to ask you guys
> which place (e.g. somewhere in the Wiki) and format would make most
> sense for this, and then get the relevant information out of the Phoenix
> team and into that place (and maybe find some more people to help with
> that job).

This is of course a very good idea :-)

The birth place for manuals is indeed the wiki. If we consider that the
documentation you put together could evolve into an installation guide
or a getting started with Phoenix tutorial, it might make sense to write
it in reStructured Text format directly, if you are familiar with it. It
is possible to use reST inside the wiki, see:
http://wiki.typo3.org/Help:Contents#Parsing_reStructured_Text

If you're not familiar with reST, just go with standard wiki markup.

BTW it seems that someone started something similar in the Phoenix Forge
wiki
(http://forge.typo3.org/projects/typo3-v5-distribution-base/wiki/Get_a_running_phoenix),
but I must say that I would quite like to see this in the main wiki and
ideally evolve into a true introduction guide or tutorial in the future.