[TYPO3-doc] Phoenix documentation

Lars Trebing lars.trebing at marit.ag
Sat Apr 14 22:46:51 CEST 2012

On 2012-04-14 20:19:44 +0000, François Suter said:

> Hi Lars,
>
>> I’d like to help put some documentation for Phoenix together. Robert
>> told me that the best way to get it started would be to ask you guys
>> which place (e.g. somewhere in the Wiki) and format would make most
>> sense for this, and then get the relevant information out of the Phoenix
>> team and into that place (and maybe find some more people to help with
>> that job).
>
> This is of course a very good idea :-)
>
> The birth place for manuals is indeed the wiki. If we consider that the
> documentation you put together could evolve into an installation guide
> or a getting started with Phoenix tutorial, it might make sense to
> write it in reStructured Text format directly, if you are familiar with
> it.

I’m not familiar with reST yet but it shouldn’t be too difficult to
change that.

> [...]
>
> BTW it seems that someone started something similar in the Phoenix
> Forge wiki
> (http://forge.typo3.org/projects/typo3-v5-distribution-base/wiki/Get_a_running_phoenix),

Yeah, I just learned about that article a few minutes ago. :)

> but I must say that I would quite like to see this in the main wiki and
> ideally evolve into a true introduction guide or tutorial in the future.

Is there maybe some kind of incubator namespace/area inside the Wiki in
order to avoid publicly exposing a very incomplete article during the
first few days or so?

--
Lars Trebing
Marit AG | Wilhelm-Hale-Str. 53 | 80639 München | <http://www.marit.ag/>