[TYPO3-doc] reST and PDF

Fabien Udriot fabien.udriot at ecodev.ch
Tue Oct 25 09:31:04 CEST 2011

Hi Philipp,

> If it is able to hold semantic information, reST might be easier. But keep
> in mind that we do need to be able to know which (sub-) properties an
> element has and which parent. If this is easily possible with reST, than I
> am in favor of the reST version.
> Also keep in mind that we will need inheritance to archive this (e.g. common
> menu item states).
> And we will need to have a long and a short description for t3editor (short)
> and the homepage (long with examples, etc.).

Basically, the output of the transformation should be the same as the file in t3editor, right?

EXT:t3editor/res/tsref/tsref.xml

Just for my information, how do you maintain this file currently? by hand, don't you?

> I do not like the docbook version linked by Francois, but here is the
> t3editor version:
> http://forge.typo3.org/projects/typo3v4-
> core/repository/revisions/master/entry/typo3/sysext/t3editor/res/tsref/tsref.xml

 From this DocBook file, you could generate your tsref.xml? But it isn't yet implemented, is it?

But, I understood the syntax would be satisfying for the t3editor needs.

> Actually we might want to provide a service to convert such an XML into reST
> for pasting it to the extension manual.
>
> For TSref and TSconfig, I would prefer to have those on a webpage like the
> PHP documentation with the option to download the whole reference as PDF.
>
> Also extensions should be able to somehow indicate that they extent the TS
> of another extension. You should be able to have code completion for
> extensions too.

Yeah! Could be a online t3-service that could generate some configuration for the t3editor and be
embedded in the extension... Let re-active this issue at a later stage.

Cheers,

Fabien