[TYPO3-doc] reST and PDF [typo3manual.cls]

Xavier Perseguers xavier at typo3.org
Sun Oct 16 11:37:33 CEST 2011

Hi,

>> What I still miss in my complex document is the TS reference table. Did
>> you already write one? If so, I could finalize my document with what you
>> experienced.
>
> I am still in favor of putting the TS reference into an own (XML) document.
> This way it would be possible to archive cross linking and automatic
> completion (e.g. within t3editor).
> Also it would be possible to render this into HTML pages like the PHP
> documentation and having the possibility to provide some kind of thrill
> down.

Did you agree on some XML structure? If so, could you please post it
here? Intermediate processing of this XML when generating the PDF should
not be really complicated...

> We discussed that a while ago and put it aside for further experimenting
> with docbook.
>
> But I don't think the reST is the right tool for this table heavy job.

I guess no, but you may still find some clever solution to integrate
this using a separate processing, just as for PDF.

> Also keep in mind me currently have the module TypoScript Help which allows
> you to rebuild you reference including all extension TS options (although)
> this might not work any more ;)

I know, but having a good structured XML could be the ultimate solution
for the whole chain.

--
Xavier Perseguers
Release Manager TYPO3 4.6