[TYPO3-doc] reST and PDF [typo3manual.cls]

Philipp Gampe typo3.lists at philippgampe.info
Sun Oct 16 11:32:34 CEST 2011

Xavier Perseguers wrote:

> I know see two next steps (without any order):
>
> - Provide some service to convert a sxw document into a reST + images
> zip to be a base to work on the documentation for users
>
> - Enhance reST with some additional environment related to TYPO3 and
> take advantage of them when rendering PDF (possibly HTML too)
>
> I think about having some "code" environment better suited than the
> generic "::". We could specify that we are writing a TS snippet, or a
> SQL/PHP fragment, this would easily allow syntax highlighting in PDF for
> instance, or some different background-color in HTML.

Better code highlighting in HTML too ;)

> What I still miss in my complex document is the TS reference table. Did
> you already write one? If so, I could finalize my document with what you
> experienced.

I am still in favor of putting the TS reference into an own (XML) document.
This way it would be possible to archive cross linking and automatic
completion (e.g. within t3editor).
Also it would be possible to render this into HTML pages like the PHP
documentation and having the possibility to provide some kind of thrill
down.

We discussed that a while ago and put it aside for further experimenting
with docbook.

But I don't think the reST is the right tool for this table heavy job.

Also keep in mind me currently have the module TypoScript Help which allows
you to rebuild you reference including all extension TS options (although)
this might not work any more ;)

Best regards
--
Philipp Gampe