[TYPO3-doc] reST and PDF [typo3manual.cls]

Xavier Perseguers xavier at typo3.org
Sun Oct 16 10:56:24 CEST 2011

Hey Martin,

> you are the hero!

:) thanks

>>> Next step would be to provide some service online where people could
>>> easily "compile" their reST manual into an "official" PDF.
>
> [..]
>
>> Done: http://typo3.perseguers.ch/
>
> I would never have expected this service being available that soon! A
> convincing proof of concept!
>
>> Have fun!!!
>
> yes yes yes!!!

I know see two next steps (without any order):

- Provide some service to convert a sxw document into a reST + images
zip to be a base to work on the documentation for users

- Enhance reST with some additional environment related to TYPO3 and
take advantage of them when rendering PDF (possibly HTML too)

I think about having some "code" environment better suited than the
generic "::". We could specify that we are writing a TS snippet, or a
SQL/PHP fragment, this would easily allow syntax highlighting in PDF for
instance, or some different background-color in HTML.

What I still miss in my complex document is the TS reference table. Did
you already write one? If so, I could finalize my document with what you
experienced.

Kind regards

--
Xavier Perseguers