[TYPO3-doc] ReST, WYTIWYS: What you type is what you see

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Fri Oct 14 14:04:02 CEST 2011

Hi,

On 14-10-2011 11:31, Xavier Perseguers wrote:
> For me we should concentrate first on having the documentation converted
> to reST, editing tools are from my POV not part of the project, anyone
> can use the tool s/he prefers. Just host the documentation on Forge and
> work together with SVN/Git.

-1

In order to have support from the community there have to be some easy
tools. OpenOffice.org was available for almost all platforms and with a
template it was fairly easy to create documentation.
Although reST documents can be created with any text editor it is not
very easy to check if they are correct or laid out like the author wants.

Just lik Pootle can be a big step forward for more and better
translations just because it so very easy to use, there need to be easy
and user friendly tools for reST.
I personally expect a lot of different documentation formats in
extensions without these tools. Or we'll end up with "documentation"
containing 'see manual.pdf in the doc directory'...

--
Kind regards / met vriendelijke groet,

Jigal van Hemert.