[TYPO3-doc] ReST, WYTIWYS: What you type is what you see

Fabien Udriot fabien.udriot at ecodev.ch
Fri Oct 14 07:18:09 CEST 2011

On 10/14/11 1:10 AM, François Suter wrote:
> Hi,
>
>> I just found a link to this **cool** online ReST editor. Watch the
>> result while youre typing:
>> http://rst.ninjs.org/
>
> Wow, very nice!

Indeed, cool thing.

>> The source is available at Github:
>> https://github.com/anru/rsted
>
> Which means it can be worked on and expanded :-)

8-)

>> We should provide such a thing with TYPO3 styling on a server for our
>> community. Which server?
>
> We definitely should, but maybe asking about a server now is getting a bit too much ahead. I think
> we should first provide a first complete manual and render it. I know you have presented a lot of
> stuff lately and I haven't been able to follow up... Let's try to sum up the current state in our
> upcoming conf call.

I agree.

Also, we should define the scope of the tool. Are we aiming to cover 100% (or so) of the editing
workflow or only a as helper to experiment the output of reST? If the first point is aimed, the tool
needs to be extended to match our requirement (e.g images upload). Next to that, we would need to
solve the multiple file editing / browsing as well...