[TYPO3-doc] Requests for styling of documentation

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Mon Oct 3 14:31:47 CEST 2011

Hi Jigal,

> While looking at some of the attempts to convert existing documentation
> I noticed some issues with the styling. I know it's still early in the
> project, but I wanted to make sure the requests are made at an early
> stage (and wanted to know the opinion of others).

Point taken.

> 1. Font for code. It seems that we are somehow forced to use Share for
> headings (it's surprisingly hard to read), but I really would like to
> see another font for code snippets. It must have easyily recognizable
> glyphs for characters which look similar in some fonts: 'Il1' '([{'
> ')]}' ',.' ';:|' 'Oo0'

Indeed Share is the official TYPO3 font, it's part of our branding and
we have to use it for the headings. For the code blocks, I agree that
it's not a good choice, but we are early in the process indeed.

> 2. Colours. For TYPO3 4.7 parts of the BLE project are incorporating
> accessibility guidelines support in the core. It is of course important
> that our documentation is also easy to read for all. Orange text on a
> white background is hard to read because of lack of contrast.

Well, the final look & feel of the documentation will follow that of the
new typo3.org web site. Certainly with adjustments, but it should be as
close as possible. Maybe we can keep orange for just the larger
headings. We'll have to see later.

> If there is a suitable place in the bugtracker to file this, please let
> me know.

There's not really an appropriate place for this now, but as said, we'll
align ourselves pretty much with preview.typo3.org. So maybe you could
open a ticket in the relaunch bug tracker:

http://forge.typo3.org/projects/team-t3o-relaunch-week/issues