[TYPO3-doc] New Pictures for the Documentation

Michael Bakonyi m.bakonyi at civit.de
Thu Mar 24 09:36:56 CET 2011

Hi Phillip,

thanks for your feedback! :)

Am 20.03.2011 um 23:09 schrieb Philipp Gampe:

> Hi Michael,
>
> Michael Bakonyi wrote:
>
>> thanks a lot for your detailed explanation! :)
>>
>> I had to set up my working environment first so I changed screenshots
>> only up to page 35. Please have a look at them and give me feedback what
>> you think.
>
> I think you missed some. If I looked at the right screenshots, it looks
> totally fine.

I think I skipped the ones where the new layout is not so important for the content of the screenshot. But of course I can renew them aswell.

>> I only changed little text and saved it to the .txt
>>
>> In this file the markers for new screenshots are still there. Maybe it
>> makes sense to keep them until all screens are finished to not irritate
>> SVN too much ...
>
> You won't confuse SVN ... it does not care ;) But do it how you like it. We
> can always remove them later on.

Yeah, well from my experience sometimes SVN acts a little bit weird like saying the file has completely changed or something. But if you say so ...

>> Some questions/remarks I have:
>>
>> 1. I skipped the new login-screen with the "Important messages"-box, to
>> be more date/version-independent.
>
> I think some screenshots are always version dependent. We will have to do
> changes for each major version anyway, so it is OK to do screenshots for one
> version only.
> IMHO we should stick as close as possible to the introduction package.

Hm, I don't think so regarding the login with a date on the screenshot but of course I can change the screenshot.

>> 2. In general I wouldn't like to use the blue transparency for the
>> circles anymore, as the blue-values change depending on the color which
>> lies in the background / the color of the screenshot in the background.
>> This sometime makes it difficult to place the numbered circles in the
>> best position. I would rather change the transparency to something like
>> 80%-90% or skip it completely.
>
> IHMO totally ok if you stick to the same kind of blue. The guide is more
> about using a common color and a common set of symbols. Otherwise we would
> end up with some screenshots with spares and some with triangles, some with
> green arrow, some with red ones...

Of course this very important. My remark was more regarding the details like: Let's also change values in the guide for the screenshots, so that other contributors don't have the problem with the transparency aswell.

Another question regarding the guide BTW: I've got a set of the elements mentioned in the guide within a PSD-file. Can I upload a zip containing this TIF-file for other contributors using Photoshop or GIMP? I had searched this possibility but I think I don't have the permission in the wiki to uplaod something else than images, correct?

Cheers,
Michael