[TYPO3-doc] New Pictures for the Documentation

Philipp Gampe typo3.lists at philippgampe.info
Sun Mar 20 23:09:47 CET 2011

Hi Michael,

Michael Bakonyi wrote:

> thanks a lot for your detailed explanation! :)
>
> I had to set up my working environment first so I changed screenshots
> only up to page 35. Please have a look at them and give me feedback what
> you think.

I think you missed some. If I looked at the right screenshots, it looks
totally fine.

> I only changed little text and saved it to the .txt
>
> In this file the markers for new screenshots are still there. Maybe it
> makes sense to keep them until all screens are finished to not irritate
> SVN too much ...

You won't confuse SVN ... it does not care ;) But do it how you like it. We
can always remove them later on.

> Some questions/remarks I have:
>
> 1. I skipped the new login-screen with the "Important messages"-box, to
> be more date/version-independent.

I think some screenshots are always version dependent. We will have to do
changes for each major version anyway, so it is OK to do screenshots for one
version only.
IMHO we should stick as close as possible to the introduction package.

> 2. In general I wouldn't like to use the blue transparency for the
> circles anymore, as the blue-values change depending on the color which
> lies in the background / the color of the screenshot in the background.
> This sometime makes it difficult to place the numbered circles in the
> best position. I would rather change the transparency to something like
> 80%-90% or skip it completely.

IHMO totally ok if you stick to the same kind of blue. The guide is more
about using a common color and a common set of symbols. Otherwise we would
end up with some screenshots with spares and some with triangles, some with
green arrow, some with red ones...

> 3. Before committing I added a comment regarding the changes. This
> comment is not reflected in forge. How do I add commit-comments so that
> they appear in forge aswell?

They will appear after a while. This one confused me too.

> 4. Where can I add my real name to replace my nickname in Forge
> regarding the page Repository?

This has already happened. I think it happens after a while too.

Best regards
--
Philipp Gampe